Let's talk about: Philosophy, religion, current events, science, books, and all sorts of other strange and quirky things. It'll be fun. Really.



Saturday, August 15, 2009

Unfulfilled?

During the last few road trips I took from NC to MI and back, I noticed billboards with pictures of bored looking young professionals with the word UNFULFILLED? written across it? This piqued my interest. Was this a website that would help a young person such as myself find a fulfilling career?? How I hoped it was. I made a mental note to look into this website when I got home and then promptly forgot until this afternoon.

After a bit of searching, I found it: Unfulfilled.org. Much to my chagrin it was not a career site as I had hoped, but was instead a site that claimed that the reason I could not find fulfillment in my career and life in general was that I had not yet bathed in the love and light of everyone's favorite Jew, the one and only, Jesus Christ.

Well, shucks. Not exactly what I was hoping for.

The site didn't actually have that much to offer in terms of content. Once you click past the first page there is the ubiquitous Jesus on the cross picture and afte that there are two (long) pages of text. The aim, of course, to convince you that your life will be dark and miserable until you embrace Jesus Christ as your own personal guide and savior.

I don't know; my life seems pretty good so far.

But with quotes like:

"Jesus Christ is Truth and Life. The Bible says, “In Him was life and the life was the light of men." John 1:4 We are separated from God and remain in darkness until we realize we need forgiveness for our rebellion to God and must be reconciled to God. Your problem is not with man, it is with God. When you are lost and unaware of where you are going, it leaves an unfulfilled, insecure, empty feeling. One thing is certain, you will die and without Jesus Christ you will be fearful, insecure and afraid of this reality. The fear of death deep in your soul reveals that you know will be judged by God Almighty. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” Hebrews 9:27"

How can I say no??? I AM INSERCURE AND EMPTY AND I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW. Good thing I found this website.

When I click the next button at the end of the passage it takes me to a page where I can email for more information AND there's even a spot where I can write my salvation experience. Neato. There's also and option to register with Unfulfilled Ministries. I'm tempted to do it just to see what they'll send me.

Maybe I'll get a complimentary T-shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment