Let's talk about: Philosophy, religion, current events, science, books, and all sorts of other strange and quirky things. It'll be fun. Really.



Friday, August 21, 2009

Ukrainian Pop Fusion At Last!

I seriously dig accordian music. And I am a huge fan of Eastern European gypsy-style bands. So you can imagine my uncontainable delight when I came across this Ukrainian Polka Band's cover of Katie Perry's song, Hot'n'Cold. It's magical.

They play it with such intense concentration, with enthusiasm that wouldn't normally be given to a Katie Perry song. They've even given it some very special pizazz by adding great back-up singing. I dare say that these four fellows are the next Ukrainian Beatles.

Los Colorados doesn't have a CD out yet, but I'm hoping that this cover is their big break so I can listen to their great (real) Ukrainian tunes to get my daily dose of accordian. I just don't feel right without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment