Let's talk about: Philosophy, religion, current events, science, books, and all sorts of other strange and quirky things. It'll be fun. Really.



Saturday, April 17, 2010

Beards: not just for old men in history books!


Apparently, beards are not very popular in the South. I guess this really shouldn't come as a surprise as it is hellishly hot here for more than a few months out of the year. But still, I somehow thought that the awesomeness of beards would prevail. I grew up with beards being commonplace; my dad has had a beard for nearly all my life (all of it except a brief stint with a mustache in the late '80's, but I'll let that slide given the decade...). My boyfriend has a beard as well, and it certainly isn't uncommon to see lots of other men of all ages sporting a beard as well in the Midwest.

So as a Midwestern ambassador to North Carolina, I'm going to create some beard awareness: beards are awesome!


Beard Awesomeness 101:

Essential Viewing: The Trustworthiness of Beards

Essential Listening:


No comments:

Post a Comment